Summertime can be a wonderful season, bursting with sunshine, fun, travel and adventure. Yet, it can also be our worst enemy and leave our hair damaged and worn when our vacation ends. To a greater or lesser extent, all of those factors that have been affecting us during this time have wreaked havoc on our hair. That’s why we are going to explain to you How to repair damaged hair after summer?
What happened to my hair over summer?
During summertime, our hair has experienced a series of notable changes due to a combination of environmental factors and external aggressions:
• Salt water or chlorine have an alkaline pH. When the hair and scalp come into contact with them, their pH is altered, the cuticles are opened and degraded and this causes dehydration.
• If you have not rinsed and washed your hair properly after bathing in seawater or the pool, the substances they contain will have continued to be active and damage the hair.
• If your hair is dyed, the pool water may have altered your color. If it is of a lighter tone, it may have acquired a greenish tone due to the copper sulfate in swimming pools used to kill algae. As well, the sun lightens the hair and weakens the color.
• When hair is wet, it is more fragile and more prone to breakage. If you have tied your hair when it was wet, you will have overstretched, weakened and kept it humid for too long, causing it to lose its hydrolipidic layer, thereby opening the cuticles.
• Ultraviolet radiation from the sun penetrates the hair’s cuticle and can break the disulfide bonds (the small chains or bonds of linked proteins that give the hair its permanent shape or pattern: straight, curly, wavy, etc.), weakening it, decreasing its resistance and elasticity and fostering the loss of essential moisture. If protection was not previously applied to the hair, the impact will have been even greater and you will notice that it is dull, lifeless, rough.
On top of all of this, if you haven’t spent enough time caring for your mane and haven’t taken your haircare products with you on vacation, your hair needs a lifesaver.
What are the most common signs of hair aging after summer?
Visible signs of aging include:
Loss of shine
Appearance of split ends and breakage
Lack of elasticity
Brittle and dehydrated texture
Changes in color
Sweat and accumulated toxins can favor the appearance of dandruff
Hair loss, thinning, miniaturization of the follicle... caused by inflammaging and sensitivity caused by the sun
How to repair damaged hair?
Fortunately, there are solutions to answer the critical question: How to repair damaged hair after summer?
• A good scalp exfoliation is essential once a week, to remove toxins and chemical residues accumulated on the scalp and hair.
• Use a shampoo to soothe the sensitized scalp and replenish its lost hydration. Also, if the scalp is very sensitive, it must be treated, calmed and hydrated in-depth with Glacial White Caviar Hydra-Pure Rejuvenating Mist.
• Opt for shock treatments that repair and rebuild the hair’s internal structure, such as Black Baccara Bond Rejuvenating Luxe Cure, that makes hair more resistant and repairs and prevents the degradation of its keratin.
• It is also necessary to restore the essential components that the hair has been losing and provide it with all the essential nutrients, in addition to strengthening the follicles to reduce seasonal hair loss. The Black Baccara Scalp Concentrate or Extreme Caviar Bio-Regenerative Shock Treatment Vitamin Reinforcement are perfect for that and help prevent variations of the hair growth cycle, thinning and loss.
• Finally, it is crucial to reestablish the hair’s hydrolipidic barrier and close the cuticles, with nourishment and hydration with products to repair very damaged hair. Like oils, masks and conditioners super loaded with active ingredients, like the Sublime Gold Opulent Transforming Mask, the best hair repair mask.
And, to enhance the effect of all your at-home haircare, you can go to our “Places to shine”!
For example, enjoy an experience at our emblematic HairSpa by Miriam Quevedo. It’s like a luxurious facial spa, but for your mane, where you can live the quintessential rejuvenating experience for your hair and scalp.
If you are enjoying the summer until the last minute and get away to Marbella, book an appointment at the Beauty Studio in El Patio del Marbella Club Hotel, which also offers Miriam Quevedo treatments. You will recover your hair’s vitality in an oasis of peace and tranquility.
If, on the other hand, you prefer the Costa Brava, you can enjoy an in-depth restorative treatment for your hair and scalp at Camiral Golf & Wellness. Otherwise, consult here the salons where you can find Miriam Quevedo and don’t wait any longer to restore the youth and shine of your precious hair.
Recovering and repairing hair after summer is possible. You just have to choose the correct products for your specific needs and pamper your hair and scalp the way they deserve to achieve a healthy and radiant mane. Just as you would do with your skin.